To download the 2017 Emerging Writer Application: storycatcher17emergingapp
Mari Sandoz Emerging Writer Instructorship
Graduate students and others who have writing classroom experience (either as a teacher, student or both), and whose work shows promise, may apply for the Emerging Writer Instructorship. The successful applicant will be honored as the “2015 Mari Sandoz Emerging Writer,” will have tuition waived for all sessions, including the advanced workshop, will attend all of the conference events for free, and will lead a workshop session of their design for the rest of the Storycatcher participants.
A stipend of $300 will be provided for their instruction and to help defray a portion of their travel expenses.
Daytime Telephone _(_____)____________________
City ________________________________________________ State _______ Zip Code___________ __
INSTITUTIONAL AFFILIATION & TITLE:
Please indicate if you will be attending the RETREAT
BY COMPLETING THIS APPLICATION YOU AFFIRM THAT ALL MATERIALS YOUR OWN.
(evidence of plagiarism will result in rejection of the application or cancellation of the award)
- The deadline for application is April 17, 2017 (postmark).
- Submit no more than 20 pages of prose or poetry. Manuscripts and supporting materials will not be returned.
- Submit your current professional CV/Resume or Background Information
- Submit a proposal/lesson plan for a 75 minute Workshop/Writing Session that you would present and lead at our workshop.
- The conference planning committee will review the applications and contact recipients by May 1.
Send application materials to:
Story Catcher Writing Workshop Scholarship Committee
Dr. Matthew Evertson, Director
Chadron State College
Department of English & Humanities
1000 Main Street
Chadron, NE. 69337
OR EMAIL the above information and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org