June 10th – 13th 2014
Set in the beautiful Pine Ridge Region of Northwest Nebraska, we present a mix of hands-on workshops, critical feedback and inspiring instruction from acclaimed authors and teachers who are passionate about writing and can help you get published!
We offer advanced workshops on revising your fiction and non-fiction, and a wide variety of sessions focused on poetry, story telling, blogging, memoir, generating new material and submitting your work for publication.
We wrap it all up with a festival celebrating the work of everyone involved in the workshop, from published authors to beginners.
Affordable, friendly and accessible! Check back for more details, coming soon!
Tuesday, June 10th
(Mari Sandoz High Plains Heritage Center Atrium)
- Morning: Check in & Registration for Advanced Workshop
- Afternoon: Check-in & Registration for General Workshop
- Evening: Opening Ceremonies and Reception
Wednesday & Thursday, June 11th – 12th
(Chadron State College and/or Locations in Region)
- Stand Alone Workshops will be offered throughout each day focusing on Invention and the Writing Process (Generative Workshops)
- Advanced workshops focused on revision
AFTERNOON & EVENING ACTIVITIES
Meet at designated locations for field trips and activities in the afternoon (Fort Robinson State Park, Chadron State Park, Museum of the Fur Trade, etc. Writing excursions may be arranged, as well as nature hikes/writing retreats).
Friday, June 13 — WRITING FESTIVAL
(Mari Sandoz High Plains Heritage Center Atrium—Open to the Public)
- Booksellers, Vendors, Sessions with Publishers, etc.
- Activities may include readings from session participants, talks by authors, publishers and others associated with writing.
- A Keynote address by a noted Author
Visit our Blog Pages here for a recap of the 2012 & 2013 Workshop, or click below for our FACEBOOK site with lots of additional images: https://www.facebook.com/storycatcherworkshop